View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
echostate
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

G05 less combined legroom than F15?

I own a F15 2015 X5 and recently went to a dealer for service. While waiting there I paid some close attention to the two G05s (one X40i and one X50i) in the showroom, especially about the combined legroom, since I'm tall and then my kid sitting in the second row on his car seat likes to kick my back ... lol

I'm 6'3-6'4 and in my F15 X5 I can sit reasonably comfortably in the front row and then sit behind myself in the second row again reasonably comfortably with about one inch of extra legroom left. However in the G05 X5, I can only sit comfortably in the first and second rows but with *no* extra legroom left (i.e., my knee will slightly touch the back of the front seat while seating in the second row).

In both cases I made sure I have similar front seat recline angles. I tried on both G05s in the showroom, and got basically the same result: the G05 fits "two" me exactly OK, while the F15 has one extra inch of legroom.

I'm fairly disappointed. On paper G05 should have slightly more combined legroom? The only thing I can think of is that the G05 seem to have "thicker" back for the front seats, which might explain why I no longer have the extra inch of legroom while seating in the second row.

Thoughts? Any one here own both G05 and F15 and have compared their combined legroom?

Last edited by echostate; 10-20-2019 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0