View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #19
echostate
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Whizz UK View Post
Let me turn it round. I'm 6'5" with two tall daughters (5'11"). As a result, a key criteria was whether we would all fit, and I tried pretty much every car at this price point in the UK when I chose the X5, and the G30 before that. In both cases we felt the beemers were the most comfortable and had the most leg room.
Others may disagree of course!
I think the GLE has significantly more second-row legroom than X5. It's very obvious in some comparative review video on Youtube (e.g., the one from carwow), and also confirmed by the numbers. Nonetheless, G05 X5 have very decent space in its class too (me being 6'3"~6'4" can seat comforably behind myself), and it definitely has more room than the 5 series sedan (I couldn't seat behind myself in 5 series).

I just wish G05 has at least same or more room than F15. After all it's quite a bit bigger than F15 on the outside, and I'm puzzled about where those exterior dimension increases go? It just doesn't feel right when you upgrade from F15 to G05, which is a bigger car, and the second-row passengers are actually getting less legroom. I think G05 also has smaller trunk space than F15 (?).

Last edited by echostate; 10-24-2019 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0