Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
I purchased this one, but it didn't work.

Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner for iOS & Android, Car Diagnostic Code Reader Scan Tool for Universal OBDII/EOBD Vehicles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076XVQMVS..._jHU3Eb4228D9C

I purchased it based off of recommendations from within the app itself. I could interface, but it wouldn't program. I then went to the website and there were more details on the recommended scanners and lucky me, the one I first purchased was listed as not really compatible with the G05.

I ended up returning it and just got this one today as there aren't many available on Amazon that is listed as compatible with BimmerCode.

New 2M Ethernet to OBD Interface Cable E-SYS ICOM Coding F-series for BMW ENET
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MECEI14..._ZEU3EbW6AS1FC

I haven't tried it yet. Anyone have any success with the wired one I just got?
Well, Bimmercode app is actually pretty clear that neither of the two Veepak adapters are compatible with G-series cars (see pic), so best not to blame the app (for this). It gets pretty confusing which is why I have always recommended the OBDLink MX+ adapter as the simplest and most reliable for beginners ... but even they seemed to have screwed up with a firmware update recently (search for posts on the topic if interested).

The new thing you bought is an OBD to Ethernet cable. Did you also buy the Ethernet to Lightning interface? If not, you're going to have a little trouble shoving that big Ethernet RJ45 plug into your iPhone for Bimmercode *mobile app* to function with it . Anyway, the OBD to Ethernet cable should be fine, but you need the Lightning interface as well. This combo is very fast, but less reliable than the old-firmware OBDLink MX+ BT interface.
Attached Images