10-29-2021, 05:50 PM   #20
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I was on the C8 bandwagon for quite a while. I watched the launch event, I drove 200 miles to go sit in the Corvette Road Show, Corvette. I just kind of fell out of love with it. I wasnt really a fan of the wheel options.

You really needed to spend another $20K to get the nice interior, even though, I spent $103K on the M4, I feel like Im getting my moneys worth in performance, styling and luxury.

I wasnt impressed with the interior sizing. I would have thought theyd at least try to make it as big, inside as the C5 and C6. But it just keeps shrinking, inside. I'm too tall to fit in one, comfortably. And I just didnt think there was enough performance gain, out of the motor, in the Stingray version. Its a 1 trick pony with the 2.8 0-60.

The Z06, appears to be a different ballgame, but, overall, Im still too tall to fit in one.

The C7 interior was a HUGE upgrade to the C6. The C8 interior takes it to a new level. Almost german like. Very nice quality. My friend has a C8. Incredible value. So much car even if it's just a base stingray.

You might be right about shrinking on the inside lol. I'm only 5'10 but i did notice after getting rid of my C6 that the C7 is just a bit tighter. The C8 feels like you're in a fighter jet. Everything surrounds you making it all about you as the driver. It's incredible watching and experiencing the corvette evolve to what it is today.

This z06 is on another level, despite a lot of members (currently c7z owners) complaining about the car being naturally aspirated. On the forum all they ever talk about is, "will the C8Z be faster in 60-130 vs the c7z?"

And i'm like wtf? First off corvettes aren't supposed to be 60-130 cars. It just so happens it does that well and yes the C8Z will post a faster time, given the gearing and with a lower aero package. High wing models will be slightly slower on the top end.
Appreciate 0