Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA-06 View Post
Update!

After gently smashing the left mirror I got the LED to work, but nothing for the right one…. I’m noticing a lot of condensation in both LED’s, not as much as in the headlights but still. Could it have cause the LED to burn out? I’m gonna set up an appointment to have them fixed. It’s probably just bad luck to have one with such poor lifetime…
"smashing"? How did you do the smashing? In any event if smashing worked, you can do a test.. .. try leaving your car out on a sunny day or using a hair dryer to warm the inside of the mirror and evaporate the condensation and see if that, at least, gives you a temp solution. Place the hair dryer on medium heat and point it in the air space between the glass mirror and the housing. Since this can take a while, you might want to somehow afix it to a camera tripod, ladder, etc so you don't have to hold it. Keep around 6" of distance to the mirror so as not to melt or deform plastic.
If you prefer to leave it as is so the dealer can verify the failure, that's fine too.
Appreciate 1
volodp199.50