secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I agree it's strange DHP isn't offered on the 40i, considering the current X5 35i has DHP available.

However this move isn't surprising. The G30 5-series is a good example. You can get the base model (530i) with the DHP, but it's neutered, including just Dynamic Damper Control, M Sport brakes, and Active Steering. The X5 40i is available with those items separately or as part of a package (DDC in the M Sport package, and Active Steering/M Sport brakes a la carte).
Only if you step up to the 540i do you get what the DHP is really about: Active Roll Stabilization and Adaptive Drive. (The package is almost 2x as expensive on the 540i as a result.) Looks to be the same with the G05 X5, only with the 50i model do you get a real DHP (w/ ARS).

Charles
I also did a double-take and built out both the 530i and 540i and came to the same conclusion as you. That being said, BMW offers DHP with ARS/AD on the current F15 X5 xDrive 35i so who knows...

I just think they should be offering DHP on 40i cars for 5 series/X5 and above like they've done in the past.
Appreciate 0