View Single Post
      02-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #8
3rd X5
Rep
Drives: 2013 328ixdrive Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter11 View Post
I cant say for sure, but the hot seller part seems sort of bogus. I found that the dealers around here (not Canada) have a ton of lightly optioned x5's that were built in september, october, november. Those vehicles are far from HOT. So, if you're flexible on options especially you should be able to get a great deal on an in stock car. And here in the US people are getting great deals on ordered cars too. I don't imagine that the inventory in Canada is all that different with a lot of not so new units sitting on the lot. That said, I dont know what kind of discounts are possible or what the mark up is like there. Here we use Edmunds.com to determine what invoice is (does it work for Canada too?). Deals are easily going down at invoice or even a couple of percent under invoice (with some cases of even a tad more) plus any incentives you might qualify for (loyalty, financing, BMW car club?).

I suggest looking at the inventory your dealers have online and using the VIN decoder to see when they were built. At least you'll then have some evidence of how hot their inventory is or isn't. Edmunds may work in Canada and give you a good idea where invoice is.

Good luck and happy shopping.

I think some of the inventory might even have the leather credit so that is also more than 2% savings.

Yes in US we are getting better deal. In NJ I was able to get 11% dealer discount plus all the rebates.

All the best.
Appreciate 0