View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #54
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Regarding financing, yes the primary reason to finance is the tax problem. I don’t have any non-IRA funds to draw from. I can always pay it off early so if the markets take a turn (which I know is entirely possible) I can pay if off and be done with the loan.

Regarding pricing, I’m not that concerned about it. I priced my car on edmunds and KBB vs. invoice and got higher numbers than I got from my dealer. I hadn’t found this forum before I bought, which would have been handy, but this car is so hot right now I don’t think they will go much lower. A few months ago, clearly I would have had more of an upper hand.

I got a better price on this car than any I found on the lot (nationwide) because if they had the ventilated seats, they also all had the automatic driving features that I do NOT want. Also most of them are black (ugh).

I don’t want a car that stops, steers or brakes for me. I don’t trust it. That technology is simply not ready for prime time. I can drive - been at it a long time now.

I could’ve waited also, but honestly I don’t want to. We have a long road trip coming up in July and this car will make it fun. I normally don’t leave home much because I have two very elderly cats (20 and 17 years old) who don’t seem to be going anywhere soon. They are very needy. Once they are gone I’ll probably travel quite a bit.

I have always had practical cars. This is my first really nice car. I plan to enjoy it and not worry if I’m paying $5 or $10 more a month.

I truly appreciate the advice and might press the dealer to add some freebie add ons at the financing meeting. I really hope this car doesn’t give me a ton of maintenance/repair heartburn. If it does I’m heading right to a Lexus dealer.
Appreciate 0