View Single Post
      05-28-2019, 09:48 PM   #64
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBock727 View Post
Ordered an X5 40i this month that just came off the assembly line. I am being told that finance rate is 5.39% despite the website saying “4.39% APR financing for up to 60 months on any new 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i model. Rate is available from participating dealers to very well qualified customers with excellent credit history who meet BMW Financial Services credit requirements”. I know I have excellent credit. Could the dealership not be a participating dealer? Is it negotiable at this point?
They are probably marking up the rate to make a little extra money. Quite popular when leasing but also done for financing. Whether you can change your deal or not, that would be up to you and the dealer. If you didn't agree on any financing when they ordered the car then it sounds like it would be a negotiation item. Tell them you want the base rate of 4.39 or you are walking away from the deal, see what they say. Lesson learned either way, get all of the details worked out before placing the order. They usually offer no-harm locks.

Let us know how things turn out.
Appreciate 0