natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhorn View Post
Has anyone ever traded in a non bmw at a dealer before? I've got a pretty decent starting quote for a base X5 but haven't gone back to them about the trade in yet. 2011 honda crv with low miles. figure I may get hosed since its a honda and the age.
My daughter has a CRV, might be a 2013. I think it is 5-6 years old. It is a base model, no extras. She paid about $21 for it and is moving to Germany and wants to sell it. She thinks she can get $14k for it - has very low miles.

I told her no way. I think it is worth about 45% of what she paid for it, so closer to $10k, if she is lucky. She lives in Washington DC, so it should be easy to sell Tho.

For a 2011, I would think $7-8k, at the higher end if it is tricked out. but haven’t looked up the values on it.

We decided to keep our 2011 Highlander when we bought the X5. It only has 75k miles, and cost $34k in 2011. It is the middle trim (no built-in nav).

It is only worth about $10k, so it was a no-brainer to keep it. Both the CRV and highlander are such popular cars, you might want to find a friend or family member to buy it, unless something is wrong with it.

Our family members were drooling to get their hands on our highlander. They were very disappointed!
Appreciate 0