View Single Post
      06-22-2019, 05:21 PM   #96
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06

I want to thank everyone here on this forum for the invaluable information that helped me to pull the trigger today. It's time for me to make some contributions by providing my purchase info for prospective buyers who are interested in G05. The expected delivery is late July or early August, which is okay because I'm not in a rush.

Order Date: June 22, 2019
My Location: New York City
Configuration:
--X5 xDrive40i (2019MY)
--Black Sapphire Metallic
--M Sport Package
--21" Orbit Grey Style 744 With Performance Run-Flat Tires
--Tartufo Extended
--Parking Assistance Package
--Aluminum Dark Mesh Interior Trim
--Executive Package
--Premium Package
--M Sport Brakes
--Integral Active Steering
--Space-saver Spare
--2 Axle Air Suspension
--Multi-Contour Seats
--Front and Rear Heated Seats
--Heat Front Seats Armrest & Steering Wheel
--Luggage-Compartment Package
--Leather Dashboard
--Acoustic Glass
--Rubber Mats

MSRP: $80,395 USD
Negotiated Price: $72,888 (or 9.34% discount)
Trade-In Value: +$20,500 and sales tax reduction on this amount
BMW FS Rebate: +$2,000
BMW Conquest: +$750
Anticipated BMWCCA Rebate: +$1,000
NYS Waste Tire Fee: ($12.50)
Application Process Fee: ($75)
NYS Inspection Fee: ($10)
Estimated Registration Fee: $[275]

BMW FS is in the process of checking my credit to determine the interest rate. I inquired about the 2.99% interest rate, and I was told that this offering is available in certain states and, of course, subject to the buyer's creditworthiness. My FICO is quite strong, and I will see what I can do to obtain the 2.99% rate. Like many of you, I will try to pay the debt off after the first few payments. By the way, how did some of you get 2.99%?

I traded in my 2014 Lexus IS350 AWD with 24,400 miles on it. Edmund, kbb, and a few others indicated an estimated trade-in value of about $21,000-$21,500. Dealer initially offered $20,000, which I was quite satisfied. I nevertheless asked for $21,XXX and settled at $20,500. I'm pretty sure the dealer could easily find a new buyer of my Lexus. She has the HP, low mileage, well kept, sport package, black exterior, no mechanical issues, properly maintained, fully wrapped front, etc. My decision to accept the trade-in offer was based on the following:

--I bought the car in August 2013, so it's almost a 6-year old car (as of June 22, 2019). I'm very certain that Lexus will release a new body of the IS next year in 2020 as a 2021 model. If I had waited, the trade-in value at that time would probably have gotten worse because my Lexus will be a 7-year old car and a brand new body of IS will be out by then.

--I paid $47,000 for my Lexus back then and that's before tax, fees, etc. In other words, the $47k was the negotiated price. For a trade in value of $20,500, that's about 44% which I think is acceptable.

--The time spent going back and forth and talking with another dealer in the NYC area is just not worth it.

--Lastly, my wife and I are expecting a baby, so the Lexus IS350 really has to go.

I had the option to wait for a month and order 2020MY instead, but my wife and I really did not like the other upholstery colors. We both like Tartufo a lot, which will not be available in 2020MY based on the information that's out there now. With regards to the potential quality issues or hiccups in 2019MY, I will take the chance. I've had the Lexus for some time, and their infotainment system is just bad. This will be my first BMW and going to iDrive is already a step up for me, so I think I can deal with the annoyance from the software bugs/issues.

Hope the information helps.

Last edited by doctorttt; 06-22-2019 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
TurtleBoy13173.50