View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #6624
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, a downshift that uses engine braking to suddenly slow the car without brake lights to alert the driver behind the woman...while the individual behind the woman is distracted looking at the cop and doesn't notice a sudden slow down of the vehicle ahead....this sounds like a good plan....

Not that it isn't still the individuals fault if he rear ends her...but I like how you've come up with an inventive way of how women can make driving more challenging. Kudos!

Truth be told, I can pretty much twist anything to be a little jab, just to play in your mind a little more, for it is a wonderful place to play.

But I actually agree with you here...a downshift can be useful if driving stick, but it really doesn't scrub off a whole lot of speed, so only useful if you are slightly in excess of the grace zone.

If you are really speeding, throw out the anchor and hope that the cop wasn't doing radar and doesn't have a reading. Or assumes you are really quite sorry and will be a model citizen from now on and doesn't invite you to a little roadside conversation about bad habits acquired and the consequences of such.

This advise only works on highways with at least 2 lanes of travel in the same direction. Try to stay in the pack, look for a rabbit (someone who is driving as fast as you or a little faster can keep them out in front of you), and have radar detector.

When you see or detect the police are present, try to make the other cars around you look like they are going faster. Most time police are not pay 100% attention to traffic, they set up the radar gun to alert them when someone exceed the speed they want to write a ticket for. When the alert goes off they look up and see which car is most likely speeding. It is usually the one passing other cars. By slowing down enough to make the car next you look like they are passing you the police will focus on them first. This is not 100% but I have done this enough times that there are a number of people walking around with my ticket.

This does not work with Laser since the police focus on a single car to measure the speed verses blasting ever car on the highway with Radar and tying to figure out which car sent back the speed they are seeing on the radar gun.
Appreciate 0