View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #186
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM3 View Post
Hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has recently negotiated on a leftover 2019. There are quite a few sitting around within 100 miles of me. Is 15%+ off out of the question? I'd like a benchmark to aim for before I start making calls.
I think that's reasonable but the question is should you? I'm personally worried about first year build quality. These would be the points I consider:

1) If I were to get a brand new model on year 1, I'd want to get in right away for that "having the latest and greatest" feel, but it's past that point already. I've seen many of them in town.
2) For the first few months the car was released in 2018, they were offering free gesture control, free leather seats due to supply issues, that's already like $1750 in savings. This would have sweeten the deal if you were risking a first model year build
3) You're technically driving a 1+ year old car at this point so the market value is lower. This wouldn't matter if you were leasing or you're the type to buy new and drive it until it breaks
4) You may not find the exact build you want, so either you're paying extra for options you don't need or you are skipping an option you really want. A sunroof is worth nothing to someone who never opens it (Just example, I know sunroof is standard on X5...)
Appreciate 0