Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaeirik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaeirik View Post
What kind of size tires do you think is necessary. Personally I prefer the look of the 741 bicolour 20 inch compared to the 21 inch 742 bicolour. Yet almost all other cars announced either are sold with 21 or 22 inch. At the same time there are many bad roads in Norway that makes an argument for 20. I just don't want the car/steering to be to "mushy". Any thoughts?

Second. I was happy With arctic grey when ordering, but having second thoughts seeing the black sapphire. Anyone with arctic regreting they didn't choose black or visa versa?
I have the 20 inch 740 M for summer tires. The car was delivered on 19 inch style 735 winter wheels. I have only driven the 19 inch and for me they are fine and not mushy but I don't corner my car on 2 wheels. So you should be fine with 20 inch. For the looks 20 inch winter wheels probably better but for me 19 is ok.

I also have AG. Happy with my choice. I had carbon black before and it showed more dirt than AG. I can't compare with Safire black.
Great. I changed the 19 winter to 20. Then I'll stick with 20 summer as well.

Did you get Merino or Vernasca?

More reflections on Artic grey?
I have ventilated black merino and like it a lot. It is softer than Vernasca and I like the look of the extra stitching. I had brown nappa on a 5 series before and my kids at that time were 4 and 6 didn't have any problems with the leather being damaged. Bought it when it was 6 mths old and drove it for 2 years.

I really like artic grey. It was the only possible Color for me. Safir / Carbon black too dark. I had carbon before it looked great after cleaning for 2 minutes. Blue and white not my thing en sonnestein beige-gold yeah well... But difficult discussion about Color, tastes and optimal tires sizes 😜. I chose satin silver in stead of black shadow line and 20 inch to have a more discrete classic look where others would chose a black, black line and grille with 22 inch wheels to have a sporty look which I can understand too but just not my thing.

I see that you chose tetragon. I didn't like it. To busy to look at. But that's also all about taste. I have Finline stripe.

If you need snow chains 20 inch is the max size supported by bmw.
I choose black dekor outside, just not in the front. Love the coffee Merino colour. Seems more exclusive then the black to me. Think I'll Keep the 20 inch tires. Like the look. And do have kids at 3 and 5 as well. Still uncertain about AG though.
Didn't clean it for 2 weeks. Saw my car in daylight. As mentioned by others AG isn't as forging as I thought. But better than the sophisto grey and carbon black I head before. I think the most forgiving car color I ever had was a Volvo v50 in an in between light/ dark blue (a bit darker than phytonic blue). After that a silver 320i coupé
Attached Images

Appreciate 0