Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
Folks, need some help. I have never done a lease before and want to lease the 2020 G06 x40i. I did some research already but wanted to check with you people to see what I'm missing before speaking with a list of dealers I have.

1) Do people generally lease a vehicle that's already at the lot? Is it uncommon to lease a custom build?

2) I will need to know the MSRP of my build and negotiate a discount before any incentives, right? (I will review the pricing guide.)

3) Ask the dealer to provide the money factor and residual value, right? I'm looking for 3 years/10k. I heard MF could be negotiated, right?

4) I will be a first time BMW driver and I believe I'm qualified for conquer. Does BMWFS offer any lease rebate? I'm already a CCA member since summer 2019.

5) I want to get rid of my current car. If buying, I know the trade-in value of my current vehicle is tax-deductable. Does leasing have something like this? I heard that in a lease, trade-in is a separate transaction.

6) For a lease, how do I avoid upfront payment? Is it possible to have zero (or minimal) upfront payment?

7) What else do I need to know?

Any help would be appreciated.
The sales tax effect of a trade in varies by state. In Virginia, a trade in is not deducted in calculating sales tax on a new car purchase.
Appreciate 0