Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight22 View Post
I think the most ironic thing about this thread is people arguing over what the actual brand is saying their own cars are classified as.

(Real)M car owner: Hey BMW, the M340 I is a fake M car!
BMW: Uh no, it's an M car now because we make the car and we say it is. Why do you say it isn't?
(Real)M car owner: Because F$#% You!
(FakeM)340i owner: I just got the car because I liked it, not because it has an M.
Well said and spot on. It's not a cost issue as it was in the past because all the M340i's I see are stickered at the dealership are at $70k+, if it's a personal preference to getting a G versus a F M3 then more power to you. The B58 is awesome and a lot shop heads and engineers prefer it to S55. The real problem with this thread is the /// guys getting offended what the manufacturer doing what it wants to do with THEIR monikers. Time to move on to Porsche 👋🏼

Perhaps M division should just split like Genesis did with Hyundai. Just have it be a Motorsport M4 / M5 / M8 etc.
I liked it better when you were actually considering being done with this thread and gave us a peace out.

In reality, as an M owner, I don't give a faaaawwwwk what BMW or anyone else labels the X3m340imperformance etc or anything else like it. I prefer the driving experience an M car delivers. Now, I haven't driven the M340i so can't comment on how it drives but I have drove the X3M40i and it's quite impressive. A colleague of mine just purchased a 2020 and it's quite the machine. But, it's not comparable in many ways to the X3MComp I drove. Doesn't make it shit, it's just not the same. So whatever that means to anyone, I don't care.

I also don't care about anyone's history with the BMW brand, how many driving schools you been to or how small your penis is that your compensating for. I drove the cars I drive for me and that's really all anyone needs to worry about. Stop justifying why you bought an M340i and why you THINK it's so great. You like it and that's why you bought it. Enjoy it. It's quite simple
Hahahahaha the funny thing is I don't own an M340i! And actually considering an S55 soon and moding the shit out of it or an X5 depending on circumstances.

I'm just having an unbiased opinion and defending the brand when all the hard on's who don't know anything about the science of the cars emphatically state why it's not something without ever driving and experiencing the car itself. A few of us are providing the science and data behind the car such as a locking differential, and the /// folks are are arguing it doesn't have the essence.

So it's going to be an endless argument of why it should be considered an M and why it shouldn't be, and a few of us like myself of "who cares? It's a BMW ✊🏼". But you know what none of our opinions actually matter, it's the people that make these cars and that's BMW GmbH.
Problem with your "science" is that you can't throw parts at a car and expect to the drive the same, deliver the same feel or be even close to the same overall experience. And again, this is coming from someone who doesn't care what anyone refers to these new cars as.

There is something to be said about the driving dynamics M cars deliver. Every car analyst out there would agree, cause they've all said it. That doesn't take away from the type of car these M340i M550 etc are. I almost bought an M550. Excellent car, but no M.
How can you make such an ignorant statement, does Wayne Brady need to tell another clown to go sit down?

A car especially one that is not handcrafted and off an assembly is a mechanical machine that's engineered. It's a suspension, drivetrain/differentials, transmission and engine on a chassis managed by an ECU and TCU that can be unlocked or swapped and scientifically adjusted. Anything can be engineered however the F you want. I know a couple people that turned their 135i's into complete 1M track builds from the ground up spec for exact spec and much better with better parts that would smoke a stock 1M in all aspects drivetrain and suspension wise. I know a guy in LA who wanted a F80 M3 wagon here in the states with deep pockets so he did the entire conversion part for exact part, panel to panel to OEM specs even the axel width... with better than M parts. It's the most badass M3 I think I've seen.

It's a mechanical machine, that's all. Not some handcrafted prototype. Have you ever heard of SEMA?? (probably not smh) yeah go look it up before you just start spewing...
Nothing what you just rambled on about makes any sense at all. Turning a base car into a replica M car, makes it a fuckin M car. Putting M parts onto a base 3 series, without the engine, complete suspension etc, doesn't make it an M car.

Who gives a fuck about SEMA anymore? I'd much rather see an average Joe without deep pockets engineer a build than shops with 100000 of sponsors. Cool story though, bro.
You're a damn fool where did I say the S55 engine wasn't swapped?? And it's actually a better motor vehicle pound-for-pound than "M" made, better "complete suspension etc" (you don't even know what that is)... Don't cry because it's not straight off the assembly line christened by Markus himself glistening with a bow ready for a European delivery. Markus don't care about you except your money.

You also don't know anything about the auto industry (and stay away from it) if you don't acknowledge the most prestigious specialty auto trading event —that's closed to the public— accumulating the auto industry's best engineers to a single event... and this coming from an average Joe.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/08/03/b...g-by-eventuri/

https://www.motor1.com/news/386662/bmw-m3-wagon/amp/

And guess what, Markus said the M340i is an M so go take your beef with him.
Man, you're comprehension is terrible. You're stuck on these swapped cars like their Gods. While I'm over here, on topic, with the M340i that you sat here in this very thread saying it has M stamped suspension parts. That doesn't make it an M car.

I've seen those builds and they're top notch. But they're irrelevant to this thread. They've taken every bit of an M car and transplanted into a non M, thus making a fuckin M. What does that have to do with this thread? You're a lost puppy barking like you have a voice, but you don't even own an M or a relevant car in discussion here.

And no one has "beef", child. Many of us can debate, disagree and move forward with life. Take notes
It's seeing the potential we can get out of these amazing machines and blocks including the revolutionary B58. BMW tunes these ///M cars conservatively. It's a treat to see them at their full potential which is a testament to the brand. Amazing machines is what we both agree upon no stamp. Didn't realize this thread is exclusive even though I have experience in both MP and M cars.

Obviously we don't see eye to eye on the BMW brand, automobile engineering and the industry.
Appreciate 0