View Single Post
      05-07-2020, 07:59 AM   #33
tim99ws6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Assuming you mean a C5Z, the C6Z offered so much more in the way of handling, braking and especially power and only weighed about 20lbs more then the C5Z. Everyone who reviewed the new Z said it was so much better then the C5Z. It was still ultra raw, lightweight and fully connected with vastly better stick and handling and so much more ferocious power delivery. Surprised you would have your started to get ruined opinion as it’s certainly in the minority. To each his own.
Yep, I had the option financially to buy a C6z or a C5z. I bought an electron blue/mod red C5z.

I wasnt a fan of the C6Z personally. It was a bit more refined, was absolutely disgusted with how GM handled the valve issue, and to be quite honest, it was no longer a FRC type model that stood out as totally 'no holds bar' design that stood so uniquely different from the white new balance jorts retired guy buying his retirement weekend car show persona.

With the C6z, yes, it performed better, but it was essentially standard coupe with wide fenders and a valve guide issue. I know, everyone says "just do heads and cam!". But what a sloppy mess by GM handling that.

Again, that's MY personal feelings. I just never got into the fanboy-ism of C6z's. And I was around/driven/worked on tons of them. I just preferred and really appreciated the breakthrough in technology the C5z offered to the car community at the time. When it came out in 2001, it was absolutely earth shattering in what it was able to accomplish and the rogue lengths that GM went to in order to get that car to perform the way it did at that time. To be fair, I actually prefer the C6 GrandSport over a C6z.

Last edited by tim99ws6; 05-07-2020 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0