View Single Post
      05-07-2020, 08:57 AM   #35
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgfish View Post
As a 911 owner, I want to emotionally object to this. I love the handling characteristics of my 991. There are lots of mid-engined cars to choose from already. It may make the car better, but dammit, get your hands off my cheese.
I agree here that I love the handling of the 911 as is. The balance of the car and the way it feels breaking away is sublime along with a myriad of other things that is does better than other performance cars. At the same time, the Boxster and Cayman are, from a chassis, balance, and dynamic standpoint, are world class, and that is an understatement. I don’t even think that the Cayman GT4 as incredible as it is, gets more than about 50% of what they are really capable. If they went mid engined in the 911, and even if they don’t go all out (which they’d never do since they always hold back a ton) I think it would be something else.

I still love watching the 911, with its “engine in the wrong place” and relatively low horse power cars knock out much more powerful cars like the 600LT or ZR1 or showing them up when it comes to being a better driver’s car.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 05-07-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0