View Single Post
      10-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Things to do in San Diego

We're planning a short 5 night trip to San Diego in December and are looking for advice on where to stay and things to do.

We've been to San Diego once before - nearly 3 years ago. And we all got sick. Some sort of crazy GI bug which really put a damper on that trip. So hoping round 2 will be a lot better *fingers crossed*

Where to stay:

Last time we got a super sweet suite at the Intercontinental. It was a corner suite with amazing bay views. Unfortunately, the price for that suite has literally tripled. (like literally, I'm not sure how, but we got that suite for ~$245/night. It's now listed at $745/night.)

Anyone have suggestions on a place to stay? Hoping to keep it under $300/night but willing to splurge a little if it's an incredible property. Also hoping to stay in Mission Beach area, but also open to Harbor View or Coronado. But if there's other areas we should be considering I'm all ears

Things to do:

Here's a list of things we sort of were able to do in the few moments we weren't puking:

Toured Old Town Market - This was pretty cool, wouldn't mind checking this out again

USS Midway Museum - Another pretty cool experience but probably won't do it again

Went to La Jolla - This was pretty fun, might go back

Balboa Park - Loved this place, definitely will be going back

San Diego Zoo - The animals were mostly in hiding for whatever reason (maybe time of year/day?). Unsure if we want to revisit, but might be willing to give it another try.

Anything I'm missing/any other suggestions?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0