View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Coldlist on this forum has made several comments about dyno sessions on the F10 M5 and that his own M5 had some very strange behaviour on the dyno after having his ECU remapped (engine throttling up and down and the car having less HP after the tune than before).

The tuner explained that this was because of the specific requirements needed to dyno the M5 (like airspeed to the car having to match the speed on the speedo while running the car on the dyno and the bonnet having to be closed).

Seems odd how others apparently have no problems getting results that match BMW numbers and that also can be repeated and show a believable power gain throughout the RPM range.
Interesting. Replicating air flow/speed and Intake temperatures and applicable heat soak are generally considerations when running a dyno. For the most part people know they aren't going to be able to duplicate exact real world conditions, which is why the dyno is calibrated for the car and a correction factor is applied to act as a control measure for the subsequent runs.

I haven't seen the thread but I'll see if I can find it and take a read.
Appreciate 0