View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
At the same time, these are very reputable German tuners. If such were true, some of these would be the first to find a work around for the issue / properly dyno the car.

An SIB from BMW about F10 M5 and dynoing (warranty issue?) would help bring validity to the topic. However, I am not going to discredit CL. I defiantly will be waiting for more information.

As more people dyno their cars we will be able to collectively figure this all out. I can't say I would be surprised at all (that the ECU is preventing accurate dyno measurement).. many stock M5's put on a dyno are "showing" much higher performance than BMW indicated (~600hp vs 550hp). Also if 5th gear is 1:1 and US cars cannot do a 5th gear pull due to factory speed limiter, 4th gear pulls could be the single reason for showing higher power than BMW's released figures?

Again, can't discredit anyone. Keeping an open mind about this and waiting for more information to come out.. either from BMW or from members here and their results/experience.
Yep. Important to keep an open mind to this definitely, especially with such a new car.
Appreciate 0