Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
I make it a point to keep my cars for 5+ years, and enjoy driving them without concern for what the mileage on the odometer is.
The model year is irrelevant for me.

To each his own.
Cheers,
-Tony
My SR called me about two weeks ago and was pushing hard for me to pass on my order and go with "the dealership's first 2021 X5 M50i allocation." I think he may have had someone very interested in my build and willing to pay full price or above. Regardless, I thought about it, also keep my vehicles for more than five years and realized the excise tax savings would help make up for any additional value the 2021 would bring with it over time. After this extended wait and the recent spike in COVID cases in SC, I also gave weight to the "bird in hand." But as you said, everyone has different approaches and considerations that influence their purchases and go with what works best for them. In the end, that's what matters; what's best for each individual situation and preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
I make it a point to keep my cars for 5+ years, and enjoy driving them without concern for what the mileage on the odometer is.
The model year is irrelevant for me.

To each his own.
Cheers,
-Tony
My SR called me about two weeks ago and was pushing hard for me to pass on my order and go with "the dealership's first 2021 X5 M50i allocation." I think he may have had someone very interested in my build and willing to pay full price or above. Regardless, I thought about it, also keep my vehicles for more than five years and realized the excise tax savings would help make up for any additional value the 2021 would bring with it over time. After this extended wait and the recent spike in COVID cases in SC, I also gave weight to the "bird in hand." But as you said, everyone has different approaches and considerations that influence their purchases and go with what works best for them. In the end, that's what matters; what's best for each individual situation and preference.
Very interesting. Did your dealership offer you any new incentives to pass on your current order and go with a 2021 model? How far along were you in your build when they asked you? I was wondering about possibly being outbid on my order. We have both signed the pricing details but this is my first BMW order so I wasn't sure.
Appreciate 0