View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 07:37 AM   #140
FilipVDA
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 45e

Hi to all,

Last week I was invited at the local BMW dealership together with 2 BMW DE experts, 2 BMW Belux technical experts and 1 fire expert of my insurance.
Started at 9h I explained the time-line of what had happened that morning together with all pictures and movies I received from all the spectators. The car was parked at public school parking at 8h20. At 11h26 someone left school and filmed 7sec. Smoke was coming from under the car. Left front air suspension was dead and a strange noise is heared. No fire to detect. The next picture I have the car is already on fire in the front. That's only 10min later. The same picture also shows a burning object next to the back-right wheel. In the next pictures and movies all hell brakes loose.

So last week we investigated the remainings of the car. All parts have been disassembled. Front axle, engine, gearbox, batteries,...

Based on the color of the chassis fire experts can detect where the fire started. Again there are 2 places detected as a possible source. Left-front wheel area and right-back wheel area.

At the end of the they - by exclusion of what not could be the source - assume that the car was put on fire with bad intensions.

WTF!!! Unbelievable, why us? Why at a school?
We live in a small commune Zemst-Eppegem between Mechelen and Vilvoorde. Everybody knows everybody. As far as I know my wife and myself have no enemies of that kind, I hope.

So, a final report will state there are no technical issues with the X5 45e and it is a single case. Let's hope for you all it's true.

My new X5 45e is ordered last week and is pushed in front of production. Car should be delivered by the end of February 2020.

For me the insurance will take care of all because I have a full omnium which covers anything for the full price of the car.

The other insurances now have to look for the 3rd party who started the fire. They should have started already with a criminal investigation.

Greetz,
Filip
Appreciate 8
perikifi165.50
buze131.00
2REP20.50
bhe104.50
15x533.50
GrussGott18113.00