View Single Post
      01-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #25
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I have one kid and our X3 is perfect. If we had two, I'd say it would be sufficient, but then we can only take our immediate family with us (me, wife and kids) and that's it. Right now, we can fit my wife, mother-in-law and my little one in the back seat and my father-in-law in the front.

Now, you're going to have two kids. I have a pretty good story about my buddy. He was dead set on getting a Durango Citadel. I told him with two kids, you should definitely shop for a Honda Odyssey as well. They thought I was nuts, but took my advice and looked at the Odyssey along with the Durango. They were very crossed after they looked at the minivan because they HATED minivans, but could really see the amount of space and value compared to the Durango.
They ended up getting the Durango because they wanted the "macho" SUV.
Two years later, they are trading in the Durango to get an Odyssey! They live close to their parents and it would be nice to be able to get the entire family in one vehicle and could travel together, not to mention the vast amount of space compared to any SUV save for a full-size Tahoe/Suburban.

TBH: My wife and I hate minvans as well, but when it comes to a family hauler and with more than one kid, you can't go wrong. No one notices if you're driving anything special unless it's something REALLY special like an exotic car. Get something that is the most usable.
Appreciate 0