BimmerBoo01
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoo01 View Post
Hello,
I tried to install the itouch glass replacement and had a bad outcome. I disconnected the cable, replaced it with the glass (per the video instructions), reconnected the cable and and everything was working escept the LEDs. I figured I had to tighten the connections so I disconnected the knob and tried to reseat the ribbon but was surprised with some smoke. The controller board for the touch pad I think is fried now. Anyone know if I can get a replacement unit for the controller board?

Wife is not happy
Have you fixed it yet? Let us know please. It looks like I am on the same boat. The batteries were disconnected during the process, but I can't get the controller to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoo01 View Post
Hello,
I tried to install the itouch glass replacement and had a bad outcome. I disconnected the cable, replaced it with the glass (per the video instructions), reconnected the cable and and everything was working escept the LEDs. I figured I had to tighten the connections so I disconnected the knob and tried to reseat the ribbon but was surprised with some smoke. The controller board for the touch pad I think is fried now. Anyone know if I can get a replacement unit for the controller board?

Wife is not happy
Have you fixed it yet? Let us know please. It looks like I am on the same boat. The batteries were disconnected during the process, but I can't get the controller to work
Yes! I fixed it. When you disconnected the trunk battery, were you still getting power to the idrive? The power should be completely cut once you disconnect the trunk battery. Also is your shifter working?
Appreciate 0