View Single Post
      08-22-2022, 02:12 AM   #196
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

I have a US Spec 2022 X3 and 2022 M3. Both were purchased through military sales here in Germany. Both are connected to the MyBMW app via Connect Drive services and I can see both vehicles under "My Garage" on the BMW USA website under my profile. I had to email BMW Connect Drive to have them manually map my vehicles to my BMW Connect Drive profile which is connected to the MyBMW app. I also had to email the BMW warranty department and have them verify my warranty which they then manually added my vehicles to "My Garage".

Neither vehicle had the BMW apps on the iDrive system. Based upon much research, I thought that I should try to drive to another country. I just needed to cross the boarder. When you cross boarders here in Europe your cell phone will get a text message from that country stating data usage and text rate information. I figured if I drove into another country the TCU unit would get "triggered" to connect.

So I drove the X3 over to Italy. After about 20 minutes of being in Italy I went to my BMW apps page on my iDrive system and noticed that all the apps are now there. I can even see the "Data Privacy" option under the iDrive menu.

Last week, I took my M3 over to France. About 5 minutes after crossing the boarder I checked the BMW apps on my iDrive system and all the BMW apps were there. I can also see the "Data Privacy" option under the iDrive menu.

I wanted to share my experience in case anyone with a US Spec BMW purchased via Military Sales is experiencing any issues with getting their BMW apps downloaded into their iDrive system. It seems like this can work with any model. Good luck!
Follow Me on IG: BrooklynGreyM3
Appreciate 0