View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #32
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
LOL - am I the only one that could care less if I am being tailgated? Does not bother me at all. If you get mad - that is 100% what they want. If you carry on with your life - they get mad and that is their issue. I am a "keep the left lane clear fanatic" and only use it to pass no matter the traffic. And yes - if you are loitering in the left lane and make me take my cruise off when there is no one to the right of you - I will tailgate you to a mild degree.

Why do people tailgate? It works. Idiots that are not conscious of traffic like we are have to be "woke" up sometimes to move over. How many time do you come flying up on a left lane hanger and just when you turn your cruise off and match their speed do they THEN mover over. These people create tailgaters. If I am in the correct lane and not impeding traffic - tailgate away. Does not bother me a bit.

Unfortunately it is getting worse not better. So many people have no idea it is illegal to drive in the left lane (in my state anyway) and move all the way left and stay there the entire trip. A few tickets here and there would help, but you rarely see it.

Just remind yourself how pissed off they are tailgating you and enjoy their faces becoming red. Again - only if you are in the correct lane and following the rule of traffic.