x5TXguyG05
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x5 (GO5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerDreamerNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5TXguyG05 View Post
I just got my second x5 and would HIGHLY recommend the Premium Package for the HUD, gesture and remote start. I couldn't imagine driving a BMW without the HUD due to all the valuable information it helps with.... making life behind the wheel easier and much, much safer. Especially if you get the Driver Assist Pro, you have to have the HUD.
Cool - good info, thx! - what does the HUD add to the experience with driver assist pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerDreamerNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5TXguyG05 View Post
I just got my second x5 and would HIGHLY recommend the Premium Package for the HUD, gesture and remote start. I couldn't imagine driving a BMW without the HUD due to all the valuable information it helps with.... making life behind the wheel easier and much, much safer. Especially if you get the Driver Assist Pro, you have to have the HUD.
Cool - good info, thx! - what does the HUD add to the experience with driver assist pro?
You basically never have to take your eyes down, all the settings and adaptive/assisted driving feedback is in the HUD. In addition all the turn-by-turn directions, media, phone and a few other things are in there. It kind bothers me that BMW doesn't include the feature as part of the base, because it is so essential in the driving experience.

Perhaps those that don't like the HUD can chime in to give you more balanced feedback. I will never own a BMW without it.