View Single Post
      11-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
BeemerDreamerNYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
You're very welcome! I was just in NY and I absolutely love the city, coming from someone who hates crowds and big cities. Comparing a few apartments to buy near the Met and Battery park for next year visit!

I think the seats would make the biggest impact since you have a bad back!

Even tho the HK is a huge improvement over the standard system (ex: same EDM track, vol up, you can hear the cones are about to be ripped apart on the base system, lots distortion; on the HK, it's loud, clear and bassy) you said the car will be a weekend car, with a kid on the way, I don't know how loud and how often you really get to use it, so perhaps you can skip it;

I'm an expert on options and quality, but have 0 knowledge on BMW production, I'm sure your SA would be better equipped to answer that I've heard people on the forum say Merino leather, individual options and M50i models are having delays, I think your build will be fine
Yes - NYC is great, have lived here for 12 years now. The first 6 I spent commuting to CT for work and when I switched to a job in the city (subway commute, 20 min door to door) was so happy to sell my car and not have the hassle! Times change tho, lol! I live not too far from the Met. The upper west side is a great area, lots of restaurants, not too touristy. a real neighborhood. Battery park / TriBeCa is also great, totally different feel. More tourists and for me the biggest appeal of living uptown is being next to Central Park.

Anyway, the car will be nice for getting out of town on the weekends, visiting family, etc. Somehow I just have a mental block on dropping $$$ every time I want to rent a car so having it will make weekend trips much easier esp when the baby arrives in a few months. But yes, I doubt I’ll have many chances to blast my music so the upgraded sound system is probably a pass.

Went over the build with my wife last night - she wants to add the side window shades (seemed hard to get down but maybe there’s a trick) ..ok, fine. If you don’t get the luggage compartment package is there a manual trunk privacy cover or just nothing? If the latter we’ll add that too.

The remaining points to decide are premium package for the HUD (probably yes) and the multi contour seats - need to compare side by side for that.

All in all it should be a great car!

Thanks again for the help!
Appreciate 0