11-30-2019, 11:08 PM   #15
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
Of course you can and you should be able to crease any leather, it's leather, not plastic after all, just plastic leather.

Pic 1 and 2 are normal use, but whenever you see something like that, try to flatten the leather surface as soon as possible until the crease disappear, very easy with Vernasca, not so with Merino. And if deep enough, it's actually micro tear in the leather, when you have a big enough surface, it looks like scratch lines, you'll need a lot of force (relatively speaking) to do that to Vernasca leather; and pic 3 is from heavy object over time stretching the leather, the bubble is because of excess fabric doesn't retract anymore. Always have a cloth or a towel underneath the object and on top of any leather, and flatten the area as soon as you can to make sure the leather goes back to prevent stretching.

One advantage of leather like Merino is, any small scratch can be easily "fixed" with a little bit of oil, even if it's from your hands, just rub it gently and the lines or scratches will disappear, much like how you fix lamb leather, common practice for leather repairs. You can't do that with heavily treated plastic leather like Vernasca
As I stated in my post, the first two photos are from releasing the rear seat backs onto a bottle Evian water and not from wear and tear as you derived.

The 3rd came from the factory as is and not over time.

Point is you don't need to treat Merino with kid gloves, it's durable enough. Just because a family require kids seats in the back, they shouldn't be relegated to Vernasca just for durability. I'm sure there's a Bentyaga with kids seat in the back out there.

Appreciate 0