View Single Post
      11-17-2023, 10:26 PM   #21
swiego29382
Private
Rep
Drives: LCI BMW X5 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Either some folks have the worst experience with tech or you’re simply not a BMW enthusiast…
I just scrolled across a post on another social media site about how “wonderful” Tesla software upgrades are (yet you can’t drive the vehicle for an extended period of time while the upgrade is downloading direct to the vehicle)
Once uploaded to the vehicle mine took 7 mins. No big deal.
I’d say if you’re into Tesla that much perhaps trade your ride in for one?
I’m not a fan of the single serve saltine uninspiring design of Tesla. Their product hasn’t been updated (design wise) in a long time.yawn. To each their own. I purchased the BMW for far more than the tech. It’s meant for “spirited” driving with a mix of luxury/performance. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I am not a BMW enthusiast. I am an Awesome Vehicle Enthusiast. This gives me the ability to appreciate the great things about my BMW (engine; packaging; feature content; brake and throttle feel) while also being able to criticize the crappy bits. I do accept that some are BMW “enthusiasts” not permitted to do the latter. Pretty cool that you have that ability.

Fortunately I am able to own a BMW and a Tesla and other vehicles, simultaneously, so I have the luxury of being able to compare and contrast. I can see that this is not something of value to you but that’s cool too. You should definitely try not to look for improvement opportunities in BMW products!

By the way, your “can’t drive Tesla while it’s downloading” bit is a fabrication but as far as conspiracy theories go, it’s a decent one. Edgy. Obviously there is no basis in fact for this bit but if you’re going to disparage something that isn’t a BMW, “go big or go home” is a solid approach.
Appreciate 2
mojoJJ265.00
vitipr171.00