View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #102
amphiprion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
they are just hard core bmw clients with more money then ability to be open - insecure people really....They dont want Tesla to do well, they didnt believe in it...

A 50 mile range is OK because on average people drive 30 mile is why 50 mile range is normal is a laughable defense. I applaud BMW for taking money on stupid people...who buy this and pretend they are buying a clean car. If you buy a 45e for a wife who drives 10 miles per day then ... well... Your wife doesnt need a car for 100k to drive 10 miles a day, how basic is that. The real thing your wife is riding is actually you, not the car. Congrats of course. Still doesnt change the fact that 50 mile range is stupid..
It's very simple Algebra really, you drive X miles a day. Car offers X+20 miles of electric range a day. X+20 > X . At the end of the day, you charge, get the full X+20 miles of range again the next day, repeat.

And actually, I do want Tesla to do well. I've driven many miles in a Model S. I like that car, they are a blast. If the Model S didn't fall short in the luxury department I would probably buy one. You said you've "owned a bunch of BMW's cars", well If you've ever driven a Tesla for a decent amount of time, you would know it has its share of shortcomings. It lacks many features that are standard or can be optioned in a typical luxury vehicle. Interior refinement is not at the same level. Road and wind isolation is also less than that of even an E60.

If having a "clean car" was the only priority, we'd be driving Hyundai Ioniq Electrics, currently ranked as the greenest car:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorz.../#5052cd7225a9

And its range? not 300, not 200. Try 124. After that? You better be close to a plug, because unless you get the Hybrid (like the 40e or 45e) version, you're out of gas.
Appreciate 0