Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dall8877856 View Post
Hi Everyone:

Just came back with updates:

Picked up the car today and honestly, I cannot find out where it was damaged, I consider myself having pretty sharp eyes and they seemed to done a pretty good job.

I think they repainted the whole rim because I can feel there is a subtle difference about the textures on the rim, but so far I think I can live with it.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

By the way do you ever notice some sound when changing gears? I heard something when shifting into/out of the Drive gear, just want to confirm if this is normal, it does not happen to other gears, only Drive.
Still think you should have gone for a full replacement. Just wait for the paint to get chipped or when you get a tyre change and the force of levering off the tyre cracks the filler they used.
I agree the repaint may not hold up as well as the factory finish. OEM wheels are powder coated. Refinished wheels use a wet paint. Durability is typically less with wet paint.

As far as the filler, they likely used all metal. This is a good aluminum filler and holds up very well, if applied correctly.