01-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #26
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
In like Flynn.

I bet the #whippersnappers don't even know where that originates! I can still pass for 42-44 which makes dating easy. No real regrets in anything except the fact that I was stupid enough to play sports pretty hard until my late 20's which led to my hip problems.

Had I know that I would have kept playing soccer and/or football through college and tried to go pro playing soccer.
Errol! So, I'm just a few months from 59, I keep telling my wife that I'd have a midlife crisis but then I'd be planning on living to 118, and my 993 is waaaay cheaper than a 20 year old girlfriend. My wife and I are lucky, we have both aged well and can pass for mid-40's. I have been active my whole life and have been blessed with good jeans I guess, but I've worked hard physically my whole life....and I pay for that with aches and pains but I think I benefit from it physically as well.

I have lunch with a group of retired coppers about once a month, most are a few years older than me and I feel like I'm the odd man out. They all complain about their health and talk about the drug benefit and funeral benefits we get with our retirement benefits. I remember when I got hired being told that the average retired cop lived to collect about 18 pension cheques, (one a month) and was about 57 years old when the end came. I said FUCK that. I have been retired for almost 4 years now and am in the gym 3 times a week and walk (the knees don't like to run anymore, old work injury) for an hour + every other day. I plan on collecting my pension longer than I paid into it, 30 years, 8 months and 12 days....but who's counting.

DON'T LET THE OLD MAN IN!

Last edited by Salty Dog; 01-18-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 7
M_Six16805.50
MKSixer34173.50
vreihen1615140.50
HFW0035683.50
wdb4716.50
arkie6397.00