View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 10:17 AM   #32
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I agree with the sentiment that I sure don't feel 61 in my head. I don't feel much different than I did when I was 40. I'm in better shape now than I was then, too. I had my "mid-life crisis" car, a nice Z4 (which is why I started posting here years ago). Although it wasn't a mid-life crisis as much as a necessity to own a second car because I was commuting 110 miles r/t every day. I needed to keep the mileage down on both cars. When I got my current job 2.5 miles from home, the Z4 wasn't needed and became more of a parking hassle than it was worth. Now I throw my discretionary income into my bikes. And yes, they're a lot cheaper than another car or other....ahem...distractions.

My biggest gripe about aging, well, two actually, is my eye sight and my snail pace metabolism that lets me gain weight in an instant but makes me work like a dog to get rid of it.

And while some folks gain patience as they age, I've gone the other way. My temper has gotten way shorter. That bothers me a lot. I really need to take yoga classes or something to get that angry old man back in his cage.
I feel ya, I thought I was impatient when I was younger but it seems that I've turned into a Grumpy Old Man.
Appreciate 3
M_Six16532.00
MKSixer34171.50
HFW0035664.50