03-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #108
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I'm still hating Protoss Void Rays though. In terms of damage, they do more than any other unit in the game. For you WoW players, think of an infinite (until death) Curse of Affliction; the amount of damage it does grows as it stays on target.

1-3 of them can destroy your Command Center really quickly if you don't have any defense. You can't rely on Missile Turrets, Photon Cannons or Spore Crawlers either, they outrange them. They do move slowly though, about the same speed as Carriers (slightly faster than Battlecruisers). Your best bet is to have some good Air-to-Air as they can out maneuver Ground-to-Air Units with hit and runs, then out-range your Ground-to-Air to pick them off.

The kind of cool thing Zerg have gotten are Spore Crawlers and Spine Crawlers (replacing the Spore Colony and Sunken Colony). They are mobile static defense buildings. They can uproot, and then re-root on creep somewhere else.

The main difference I'm finding between Bronze and Silver Leagues is that Bronze League players hardly scout, and if they do it's only once at the very beginning or with a Scanner Sweep/Observer. Silver Leaguers will often send a sacrificial Probe to see what you've teched to or have. Bronze Leaguers DO micro, but they don't scout.

I have no idea what Copper League plays like...must be like s#it though.

I've played with Gold Leaguers before, I struggle to keep up, usually lose, and sometimes win.

I've been decimated by Platinum Leaguers, and also met Platinum Abusers, those who lose to low-ranked players on purpose, so they get lower ranked Platinum League, or high ranked Gold League to play with and make their stats look better.

I think the problem I have with Platinum and Gold League is everything becomes cookie-cutter; that is everyone does the same strats it's just a matter of who does it better/faster/or just dumb luck (in the right place at the wrong time).

If you want to feel good about yourself by winning all the time (for a while anyway), I would say you could lose about 10 games (including your placement matches) on purpose, being put at the lower runges of a Copper League. You'd have nothing but easy opponents for a long time (until you got to upper Bronze, or Silver League), depending on your skill level. Your overall standing however, will always be crap doing this.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-31-2010 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0