12-27-2019, 09:47 AM   #6
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
a lot depends on your brand as well. I wear top of the line accuve oaysys contacts which i never take out; wear two weeks str8 and then remove. not recommended probably terrible for your eyes...nonetheless my sister cant wear the oaysys because she gets protein? deposits on them and her contacts get blurry. so she ssticks to your classic accuve 2.
I haven't noticed a difference in solutions. But when I pull them out, I use the solution and my fingertips to "scrub" both sides lightly and it seems to help.

Some of my best wearing ones were the daily ones you change out each morning. So you had fresh contacts everyday even though I found you could get 2-3 good days out of a pair.

I'm in the same boat with the Oasys. Something about their composition really screws with my eyes...so I stick with the Acuvue 2's. There is a big debate online about Acuvue going to the new brand and peole not tolerating them.

My Dr. told me those (2's) will be harder to get...and I will need to start trying out some different brands.

I have heard good things about Hubble. If I can't find a comfortable one when I run out of my stock...I will probably go Lasik as my prescription hasn't changed in 20+ years.