View Single Post
      12-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #22
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I wear top of the line accuve oaysys contacts which i never take out; wear two weeks str8 and then remove. not recommended probably terrible for your eyes...
Yes, terrible for your eyes. I used to have my contacts in for 16-19hrs a day since I kinda work a lot and my Optometrist would always cringe. Unless you are going with thin lenses that are meant to be breathable, you can slowly starve your corneas of oxygen. This will lead to abnormal blood vessels growth. Infection, corneal ulcers, and vision problems are other possible maladies that could occur as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
When I wore extended wear contacts, I would always rub both sides. or just make a pool of cleaning solution in my (clean) hand and use my index finger to scrub it around a bit.
That's what I used to do....cup my hand, invert a contact lens and put it in my palm, pool contact solution, rub the contact, and rinse. Invert the lens again so it was right-side out, pool solution, rub, rinse, then store.

I used to get occasional protein deposits on my bi-weekly lenses but couldn't tie it to diet or stress or anything. Sometimes I'd get them early into the 2 week window, sometimes later, and sometime not at all. I found Ciba Vision (disk and buffer) to be the best mitigation but sometimes I wouldn't get all the overnight solution off and it'd sting my eyes.

Several years ago, I switched to daily lenses and couldn't be happier. I've been using BioTrue but have used CooperVision before. I forget why I switched...might have been price.