01-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #7
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
3878 03 chronograph ? just wild. like a lot of chronos this movement based on the 7750 - double check. But realize that IWC uses the base plates of the 7750 chrono for their Grand Complication.
Probably the case and the face are where it beats the competition.
Read the manual on how to work the chronograph - you NEED to use the chronograph function, you need to press those pushers. Great thing about this chrono is it's ease of repair - and that is very important on a chrono - not trying to insinuate anything just that these watches get maintained in service and that they are meant to be used. Though I wouldn't change spark plugs wearing a watch like this and there is even debate about playing golf in such a fine watch, but watch winder or daily wear the watch needs to get moved.

Like too see a side on view of the pushers and engraving on the back.

Really hope you enjoy every moment of wearing this piece - a really great purchase.

You know why the date window is designed as it is ?
You know way more about these watches than i do, great to learn about!

My Daytona is in for service right now. Compared to the Daytona and my Submariner i will say movement doesn't seem as good, but the watch is great for a dressier watch. I keep all my watched in watch winders. Not quite sure about the date window. I'll read up on it.

Here are some pics, still have the plastic on the back.
Attached Images

Last edited by KMORGSM5; 01-18-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0