View Single Post
      11-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #34
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvan View Post
Having owned a saab previously (Viggen) I understand a bit as someone offered to buy the car off me once the company went out of business.

Wagons are tough to find these days.

That being said parts are harder to come by these days; most stores don't stock so you have to order or go online and wait.

what else could come up?
The 2008 was a refresh of the 2003 design and it's fundamentally a Malibu. Parts have been a non-issue, we are spoilt for choice in the GTA and Beacon Motors has everything.

Future fear i guess remains the suspension, this is where things tend to add up quickly as you repair in sets so it's minimum $500 every time, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Is it really all about the money, or just about the pleasure of having a unique vehicle that still has soul? I don't think $3,500 over two years is anything worrisome.
TBh more about money to a point because the "little bit fun and different' would be my future toy car so i am willing to sacrifice my DD to get that. Buying "Toyhonda" 5 years old is expensive and no guarantees (though surely better than Saab) and leasing an absolute bare boned stripper is still double my repair bills.
Appreciate 0