05-22-2022, 07:18 AM   #46
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Nothing here applies to me but the key fob battery is one I will definitely replace today.

One strange thing I noticed beneath remote history is a log entry for a failed Climatize Now event at the time of the remote start. I thought Climatize Now events can only come via the My BMW app?

Thanks
Is it possible that the failed climatize event, which is where the remote start is located and the reason to do a remote start, was an earlier attempt to remote start that for some reason was delayed till you actually found the car running. Take a look at the date/time stamp on the failed climatize event and think back to around that time whether you or anyone who has access to your car, tried to remote start it.

I recall others, quite some time ago, posted that they hit remote start but the car never started. Then at some future time, they found the car had started up in the garage. Using cellular connectivity to remote start is a cool feature but in the end, it depends on too many things in the communication chain working properly. Once the signal is sent from your phone, there are a lot of dependencies before it gets to your car. Each one being a chance for error, delay, data loss, latency, etc, etc. Just thinking out loud
Appreciate 0