03-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #8
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Sadly because most of us will be okay with 20 here and there the subscriptions are here to stay for sure. I mean there are already brands where you pay monthly to just use cars per month not even lease them. I'm afraid at some point in time you won't be able to buy the vehicle but rather subscribe and pay monthly to use one. Maybe far off but just my worry.
I think you are right and I do hope its FAR off :-) Basically, the more interactions involved between us and our cars, the more issues we will continue to have. I like convenience, I like tech and gadgets but have gotten to the point that it takes far too much time to keep them all working and troubleshoot them when they don't. Interfacing with the likes of BMW Connect and their Genius's and having Apple support on the line while troubleshooting is time consuming and at the end, even if you get to a successful conclusion, you only get back to where you once were but never get the time back in your life that it took out of it. Just give me a metal key to get into my car with
Appreciate 1
Tenac4537.00