View Single Post
      10-22-2022, 04:20 PM   #11
Guy Fleegman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
If you enter the proper tire type in iDrive, the computer will make a valid recommendation on what your ideal tire pressure is for them when at their current temperature. The pressure WILL change, even if there's no leaks as you drive them as they'll get warmer, raising the pressure, and as the weather changes.

The tire's pressure must drop a certain amount before the logic will trigger a low tire pressure alert. It's not uncommon this time of year to maybe get an alert when starting out with cold tires in the morning and have that alert go away as you drive when the pressure rises because of the tire warming. That is a signal you really should adjust the pressure for the current conditions as it affects wear, safety, and comfort.
Score another hit for the forum. It had not occurred to me to check iDrive for the tire setting. Turns out it was programmed for "Summer" as in 20 or 21" performance. The other option was Winter/All Year, with 19" all season, which is what I have.

Why the factory setting was incorrect I don't know but I appreciate the heads up.
Appreciate 0