Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
As it turned out the reason I couldn't get OTA upgrade is because of my code changes. This afternoon I again tried checking multiple times in the CD app and in the car and got nothing. So I thought of trying to revert all my changes to stock:

1. VO code with my originally saved stock FA xml. I previously had 5AP removed and added 8TL.
2. In BimmerCode, revert everything to the saved/oldest backup.

Soon after I disabled airplane mode I immediately got the upgrade notification! 👍

The download in the CD app is quick but it took a while to prep/transfer to the car. The actual upgrade after the transfer is about 20-25 minutes.

I now have Spotify and DR is also listed in the supported apps.
That's an interesting correlation. We'll need that to happen a few more times before we can call it highly correlated rather than a coincidence. It would be good to hear similar reports from others.

If it does turn out to be true, that's actually fantastic — it means we have a way to PREVENT OTA updates when we don't want them (bugs, other reasons, etc.)
Understand. I know some had code changes but were able to get OTA. Could it be because I added an option that wasn't originally there - 8TL (?). Hopefully others who couldn't OTA like me can verify.

It seems OTA is not forced. The user still has an option to install it or not, even after SW transfer from phone to the car.