03-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #41
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
OK I'll give it a go for you.

To me, it makes sense that the car's carpet lights wont work, because disabling "Unlock on approach" means the car ignores the proximity of the key fob, and you need to push the unlock button on the fob to both get the lights and unlock the doors.

There is a good reason why I disabled the "Lock on leave" feature. I kept getting the "fault when shutting down the vehicle electronics" error" (see below) when using this feature. To me this message tells me the cars shutdown procedure is failing. The dealer told me its a "battery low charge" warning, but I've since worked out myself this is BS, because I put my car on an advanced automatic charger/analyser, and the battery was close to 90%, and was still getting this error.

I disabled "Lock on leave" and now use the key fob to lock the car, and since doing this I've NEVER received this error message again.
So obviously the "lock on leave" feature has a bug resulting in the cars shutdown procedure failing.

So yes, 11/2019.34 isn't "perfect", but this seems to be the only bug I'm aware of, and it doesn't worry me because I like locking my car with the fob - another excuse to look behind at my car as I walk away !
Must’ve read my mind...I posted a similar question on another thread. I only have lock on leaving enabled, but when I get fuel...the car locks itself over and over every 5 seconds. Turned off unlock when approaching since I looked like a jackass at the gas station with the car constantly beeping. It’s got to be the most poorly implemented “intelligent” access.
Appreciate 0