06-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #5
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_BMW View Post
The dashboard speaker is the cheapest part of the whole interior. It is absolutely horrible to touch.
I don't know why they couldn't have just used the same speaker grill as the doors, because whenever I clean the dash, I have to avoid the speaker grille or it fills up the speaker holes with bits of my cloth.
Use a microfiber towel, they are the best things since sliced bread and leave nothing behind. You can buy them in bulk from Amazon. Its the only thing I use now, especially great for streak free glass cleaning and the black shiny plastic in the center console, LCD screens, etc.

Nothing will work will on a rubbery surface though but its best to clean the grill when its not hot from sitting in the sun.

The important spec on microfiber towels is the GSM count, too high a number and they won't pick up water well, too low and you might as well just use a terry cloth towel, go for the 325 count. Here's a link to a pkg in Amazon. Be sure when you put them in the washing machine, not to use any fabric softener, same goes for the dryer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00937YLE2...5-dbb0482798b9

Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00