View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
six
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetriangle View Post
I hope you get somewhere but I'm not sure the chances of getting BMW to change their minds are high. It should be trivial for them but the features and options in each country do seem to be random.

I believe that the Auxiliary Heater (at least in my X3) is made by Webasto and they make units for petrol as well as diesel engines.

You could see if it's possible to install one of those though it wouldn't be integrated into ConnectedDrive of course. Maybe you could get it installed in a way that doesn't halve the wading depth, which is what happens with the factory fitted units, apparently due to where they site the exhaust pipe.
Yeh I had it on my last X5 and noticed the wading depth was reduced, bit silly for a 4x4 It’s because they situate the unit low down behind the passenger side wheel arch where it will get nice and wet I’d settle for a way to turn on the heated seats remotely at the moment!

But before the winter sets in I’ll have to investigate starting the car and locking with the engine running. Was east to do before all this new comfort access stuff but I suspects it’s going to be more difficult if not impossible now. I read somewhere if you lock the car with the remote with the engine running the car honks the horn, not ideal at 5am! I think there may be a way to code that off though...
Appreciate 0