ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popp View Post
Thanks for the pics mandomedic122

We have two young kids, the RSE seems like a great option. IPads are not that great with young children that need constant attention if you are driving, even as a passengerit is a bit frustrating to constantly reach to the7 back seat. We tried 2 different portable DVD screens but they both broke down either due to heat or cold (the internal batteries or electronics dont last at all). Just put a DVD in and drive, thats what we wanted but seems to be hard to find in todays market.

On the other hand, in 9 months (that it takes to deliver the 45e) the younger one will probably already master the ipad well enough
I have the RSE system in my current F15. My kids are now 4, 4, 2. In the newly ordered 45e I haven't chosen RSE again. The system is to limited in what audio/video to play and how/were to output the audio. In the 45e I will use ipads with the travel/usb-c connectors on the back of the seats. For (really) young kids, the RSE is fine, as long as they screen is showing something it's mostly fine. It's also a pro that you can start the movies on the RSE from the idrive in the front.
Appreciate 0