View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 02:20 AM   #17
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Thank you Auricom.
I am now seriously considering opting for 1XD on my build. I have to submit my final build by sunday night so that the order can be placed monday.

Thanks for your information below. I had some additional questions.
1. Is there a way to sell almost unused (<20miles) stock performance RF tires. Dealer mentioned they will not buy them from me even though they know its a new car. My intent is to sell stock perf RF to offset my purchase cost of A/S RF for 21". This way I can be forever on A/S RF on 21". Any info will be helpful.

2. Say I do end up keeping both sets, do the swap between perf RF and A/S RF have to be done only in BMW to avoid warranty issues? or can I go to discount tires or similar to get this done. I understand many people will be doing this yearly between summer-winter setup. How much is the swap cost roughly?

Thank you. I am trying to see if it is worth going to 21" cost wise or stay with A/S 20" style 738 (even though I really like the 21" in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
You and your dealer can negotiate swapping out tires and what the cost differential is. They will most likely not have A/S RF in stock which leads me to answering your latter question:

1. Yes there are limited A/S tire choices for 21"
2. Yes there are limited A/S tires sizes for 21" in BMW's staggered sizing.

Here's a thread just below this:

tire options for 21"
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1656064
Appreciate 0