View Single Post
      11-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

I saw this post a while back and did not respond because I did not notice any distortion from my Bowers and Wilkins speakers after having my car for 6 weeks or so. However after getting my car back from the dealership (1200 break in service), I have noticed distortion coming from my center speaker with certain songs (haven’t tried your song, but I will). It’s obviously unique to a certain frequency.

What’s maybe even more interesting, is that I mashed the throttle pretty hard entering the freeway this weekend and I noticed the distortion coming from the center channel speaker on the aggressive throttle response sound from the engine....presumably because it is piped through the speakers! Am I crazy? I never noticed this for the first two months I owned the car, but I didn’t really mash the throttle until after the break in. I can only hear it in the center channel and only when you really get after it at the top of the rev range in the first couple gears. If I had to guess, I think its an issue with the housing being too close to the woofer, compromising extension during certain frequencies which happen to be produced with the first couple gears high reving as well as (obviously) certain songs.

OP - did you ever discuss with your dealer?
Appreciate 0